Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Across our 13 offices, we are committed to a culture of belonging that allows everyone to thrive, bring their authentic selves to work, and contribute their unique perspectives to the work we do. We support our diverse teams through equitable practices and the value of inclusive leadership as a fundamental pillar of our culture. We acknowledge and support the needs and goals of our diverse staff through a variety of initiatives, hosted over the course of the year and led by our Diversity, Inclusion, Visibility, and Equity umbrella organization, known as DIVE.
"One of the most important traits of a true leader is the ability to empower and develop people to operate at their full potential. Our commitment to DE&I is a commitment to our people to enable them to create meaningful impact for our clients and our firm."
Diane Leung, Director, Altman Solon
"With a diverse mix of voices and perspectives, we can have more fruitful conversations and drive better outcomes for ourselves, the company, and our clients. As a leader at Altman Solon, I feel empowered to be a part of the conversation and pave a path for future leaders to do the same."
Soumen Ganguly, Partner, Altman Solon
"Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace is more than training programs. As leaders, we can help bring diverse voices and stories to the conversation, create safe, open forums for discussion, and cultivate a culture of curiosity and acceptance across all levels and geographies."
Derek Powell, Director, Altman Solon
"From a work, cultural, and personal perspective, diversity has been fundamental to bringing different ideas to the table when solving problems. Diverse voices need to be heard, and as leaders, we must do everything we can to not only foster a more diverse environment, but an inclusive one. As a member of a diverse group myself, I can relate to the challenging road ahead in order to achieve this, but embracing DE&I is our first step on the journey."
Mario Quijada, Partner, Altman Solon
Our mission is to create, nurture, and sustain a global, inclusive, and racially diverse firm culture that celebrates the voices and perspectives of Altman Solon team members from underrepresented communities.
Examples of Initiatives:
Black History Month
- Systematic Anti-Black Racism in US History & Corporate America Today
- Pro-Bono Project with Fast Forward
- Management Committee Chat with Derek Powell, Director at Altman Solon
- Lecturer at Harvard Business School
- President and CEO of Opportunity Finance Network (OFN)
Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month
- AAPI Community Discussion: Workplace Success and Issues, led by Partner Dan Chu
- Wellness activity with Chinese Community Center (CCC)
Women at Altman Solon seeks to encourage, mentor, and support women at all levels of their careers. WAS’s focus is to develop and deliver programs that provide an internal network for Altman Solon employees to address the unique dynamics for women in their careers.
Examples of Initiatives:
Women’s History Month & International Women’s Day:
- Guest Speaker, Thai Randolph, President & COO of Laugh Out Loud
- Inclusive Leadership Training
- Leveraging Strengths: Lead with INSIGHT (inventory personality assessment & discussion)
- Eliminating Bias
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Equitable Recruiting
Women’s recruiting events, targeted recruiting for women in senior leadership positions
The Altman Solon FGLI (First Generation/Low-Income) initiative seeks to increase the accessibility of consulting careers for FGLI students, with an initial focus on recruiting and training.
- Created a new employee handbook to better equip new hires with information needed to navigate the corporate world
- Co-hosted Introduction to Consulting events with universities’ FGLI student organizations
+Plus aims to develop an LGBTQ+-focused community to establish connections and facilitate mentorship within Altman Solon.
- Monthly (virtual) brunches to socialize and network across the community
- Conversations hosted with successful LGBTQ+ business and social leaders to gain insight into their work, career paths, and personal lives
- Once in person again, we will host volunteering events with organizations specifically focused on the local LGBTQ+ communities in each of the cities where Altman Solon has offices.
Pride Month – Programming including, not limited to:
- LGBTQ+ trivia
- Fundraising activities for national LGBTQ+ organizations
- Painting with a Drag Queen