This release includes the following enhancements:
- Database Partitioning: We have improved the database structure for key tables, enabling better response time and concurrent usage of an instance.
- Vector Tile Modernization: We have modernized the map canvas rendering. You will now be able to see locations, equipment, fiber, and conduits rendered more quickly on the map.
- Project and Workspace Setup: We have enhanced the project functionality and added the concept of workspaces. Workspaces are independent data stores that contain data libraries and resource managers used for all projects associated with the workspace. A workspace may contain multiple projects, and a project may contain multiple plans. You can now select which project to use and if you want to create a new project through the right panel. In addition, you can limit plan searches to the currently selected project or all projects. Changing project permissions and deleting projects are now accessible through the Global Settings under Project Management. Plan to project – assigning data libraries and resource managers to a project – has been moved to the top of the Data Selection panel. Note that setting up a new workspace is limited to users with administrative privileges.
- Location Heat Map: The location heat map has been enhanced to allow for precision in addition to intensity, and increased precision results in more visually refined location clusters on the map canvas.
- Location Type Visualization: The location visualization model now includes planned locations. Use planned location for visualizing locations routed through the RFP module. This new visualization is only supported for RFP v2.
- Hub Overlap Improvements: We have improved the Fiber Distribution Hub (FDH) placement and coverage algorithm to minimize overlapping FDH boundaries. The new approach places an additional FDH for a subset of locations that two adjacent FDHs may equally serve. As a default, this new capability is disabled. You may enable it through the setting in the Planning Constraint Manager.
- Service Area Plus: You can now edit the service area boundaries for a plan without impacting the global service area data library. To utilize this new capability, you must first create a new plan with a name. You can then use the «Edit Plan Service Area» utility from the top menu tools bar to edit the boundary for the service area you will use in the plan. The new service area boundaries are saved only in the context of your plan.
- Routing Selection: You can now specify the originating service area for location-based plans. This enables you to specify from which service area CO you intend to serve locations that may be part of an expanded service area boundary.
- Routing Selection Pagination: We have added pagination for the Routing Selection to improve the navigation of larger lists. Selected Locations or Service Areas can now be incrementally viewed – 50 at a time.
- External Cashflows for Additional Location Types: The financial model has been enhanced to enable more granular inputs for Business and Tower location types.
- Open Transaction Dialogue: We have added a confirmation to commit or discard any open data library modification transactions (e.g., locations and service area edits). You will be prompted to commit or discard any open transactions before proceeding with using the application.
In addition this release includes the following fixes:
- Planned Feeder and Distribution Fiber overlap:Under some circumstances, not all overlap segments were identified and accounted for.
- Loading larger location data sets through UI:Loading larger location data sets through the UI could result in the system being unresponsive for other users.
- User permissions with Active Directory:AD-based users with no assigned groups were not given a warning message regarding incomplete access setup.
- Rejected locations reason:The reason for a location not being routed in the Rejected Locations List report was sometimes incorrect.