Amid the plethora of new products hitting the market, the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) showcased key developments in the device market anticipated over the next year. Here are some of the device trends Altman Solon views as critical for product executives at telecom, media, and technology firms, as they determine their product roadmap for the next five to ten years :
- Neurotech: While this emerging technology lacks a standard accepted format across the market, new applications are coming to market, finding new ways to interact with the brain for measurement and tracking.
- Virtual Reality (VR): New innovations in virtual reality are shifting the user experience from primarily audio- and visual-focused to increasingly immersive by capturing motion and biometrics.
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: From using AI on databases to discover new drugs to automating scheduling by prioritizing patient needs and increasing accuracy of diagnoses, AI technology is finding new applications in healthcare by improving the practitioner and patient experience.
- 3D Printing: The capabilities of 3D printing have grown increasingly complex, enabling the printing of new objects beyond basic plastic products, including circuits and electronics, organic tissue, and heavy-duty metals.
- Lithium-Ion Batteries: New battery alternatives are emerging as lithium-ion batteries – which hold nearly 90% of the global grid market – face concerns over rising costs and environmental issues.
What should product teams at technology and telecommunications companies consider when building out their product roadmap? How will innovations in the devices market shape the trajectory of product strategy? Reach out to a member of our team to discuss what this means for your strategy.
Leadership & Oversight: